The travel industry is a noteworthy industry in Macau. It is well known for the mix of Portuguese and Chinese societies and its betting industry, which incorporates Casino Lisboa, Macau, Sands Macau, The Venetian Macao, and Wynn Macau.
Macau is an independent district on the south bank of China, over the Pearl River Delta from Hong Kong. A Portuguese region until 1999, it mirrors a blend of social impacts. Its mammoth gambling clubs and shopping centers on the Cotai Strip, which joins the islands of Taipa and Coloane, have earned it the moniker, “Las Vegas of Asia.” One of its more striking tourist spots is the tall Macau Tower, with clearing city sees.
Awesome Things to Do in Macau
- Munch on Portuguese egg tart.
- Visit the Ruins of St. Paul at night.
- View Senado Square from Leal Senado building.
- Take advantage of the casinos’ free shuttles.
- Walk around Old Taipa Village.
- Go back in time in the Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Appreciate architecture by church hopping.