Baba Baidyanath Dham Yatra
India is the country of God and Goddess. Many deities incarnated or visited in disguise appearance. Lord Shiva is one of the main deity as per Hindu religion. He is generally known as “Bhole Bhandari, Mahadeva”, etc. Baidyanath Jyotirlinga temple is well known as Baba Baidyanath Dham and Baidyanath Dham. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. “Jyotirlinga means devotional symbol of Lord Shiva. Jyoti means radiance and lingam mean sign or image of God Shiva.
Baba Baidyanath Dham is situated in Deoghar in Jharkhand, India. The Jyotirlinga of God Shiva is installed in the main temple of Baba Baidyanath along with 21 other temples in the huge and wonderful complex
Rajgir, Nalanda, and Gaya are the nearby places which have their religious importance. In Rajgir, the famous destinations are Vishav Shanti Stupa, Vulture peak, Son Bhandar, Jarasandh Baithak. These places have ancient importance and well-known Buddhist Pilgrim. Nalanda University has its importance from ancient times. Gaya is a famous destination in the Hindu religion. Here, people do Pind-Daan rituals. Vishnupad is a famous Hindu temple where the footprint of Lord Krishna is still witnessing today
It is the story of Treta Yug as per Shiva Purana. The king of Lanka, Ravana wanted that Mahadev Shiva stayed in Lanka forever so that his country would be safe from enemies. He had done hard austerity and continuous meditation to impress Lord Shiva. Even, he sacrificed his heads to Lord Shiva. Ultimately Lord Shiva was impressed by him and blessed him. Lord Shiva allowed him to take with him to Lanka and warned him not to deposit the lingam anywhere. If he placed it anywhere, so it would stay at that place perpetually. Ravana was agreed and took the lingam with him.
The other Gods worried about it. As by this act, Ravana would become more powerful and terrorized the world. On the way to Lanka, Ravana had to halt to carry out Sandhya-Vandana. He could not do sandhya-Vandana with Shiva linga in his hands. Meantime, Vishnu appeared as a shepherd and agreed to hold the lingam in his hands. Ravana instructed the shepherd didn’t put the Shiva lingam on the earth. But Vishnu (a shepherd) placed the lingam on the earth after waiting so much for Ravana.
After coming back from Sandhya-Vandana, Ravana tried his best to pull the lingam from its place. But he didn’t succeed in it. All the gods were happy as Ravana was unable to take Lord Shiva.
How To Reach Baidynath Dham
Deoghar in Jharkhand is well-networking by air, road, and railways. Different routes are there from different parts of India
By Air: The nearest airport is Simra Deoghar International Airport. But there is no direct connectivity. It’s better to take a flight from:
- Bodh Gaya Airport, a distance is 270.4 km from Deoghar and takes time to reach is around 6 hrs
- Patna Airport, a distance is 259.3 km from Deoghar and takes time to reach is around 6 hrs.
By Road: There are regular buses on route from Ranchi, Patna, Bodh Gaya, etc. It has a good network of roads. There are 24 hrs services for buses. There are taxis or cabs on a sharing basis. Both government and private buses are there to facilitate the passengers.
By Railways: There is a good network of railways to and from Deoghar. There is regular service of both express and passenger trains. The main railway station is Baidyanath Dham Junction which connects to the main city Deoghar. Other nearby railway stations are:
- Satsang Nagar Halt, distance 1.3 km takes 5 Minutes
- Deoghar Junction, distance 3.9 km takes 11 Minutes
- Kumrabad Rohini , distance 6.8 km takes 18 Minutes
- Jasidih Junction, distance 6.7 km takes 17 Minutes
- New Nawadih, distance 8.5 km takes 24 Minutes
- Sankarpur, distance 135 km takes 3 Hr 17 Minutes
Timing of Temple
Morning: 4.00 A.M. - 3.30 P.M
Evening: 6.00 P.M. – 9.00 P.M
Shodashopachar (Puja): 4.00 AM & 3.30 PM
Shringar puja: 6.00 PM
Best Time to Visit Baidyanath Temple
Deoghar is in the state of Jharkhand which is very hot in summer. In the scorching summer, it is hard to enjoy the trip in the summer. It is good to visit in winter. The best time to visit Baidyanath temple is from October – March. The summer is intolerably hot while in the monsoon it is hard to commute.
Depart from Delhi - Deoghar by Rajdhani Express train
There are different trains to Deoghar. Rajdhani express train takes 15 hr to reach Deoghar. The other trains take around 23 hr to reach Deoghar.
Arrive Deoghar and visit Baidyadham Temple
You reach Deoghar and settle in a hotel. Take a rest in the hotel and refresh up. In the evening, you will visit Baidyanath Temple for darshan. The temple is open till 9.00 PM.
Depart to Bodh Gaya and en route visit Rajgir & Nalanda
In Rajgir, you visit Vishav Shanti Stupa, a Buddhist pilgrim destination. Nichidatsu Fuji was a well-known Buddhist monk from Japan and the initiator of the Nipponzan-Myohoji Buddhist sect. He established a peace pagoda at Rajgir which well known as Vishav Shanti Stupa. A Pagoda is a kind of stupa which offers equal opportunity for devotion and people of different religion get-together at one place for a universal cause. It is a good example of the oriental style of architecture.
Another place to visit in Rajgir is Griddhakuta Peak, popularly known as vulture peak. The shape of the peak resembles the shape of vulture that’s why it is famous as Vulture peak. It is one of the places where Gautama Buddha preached his disciple for many years. It is a small hill where Buddha resided for many years. Griddhakuta peak is well-known sightseeing destination at an altitude of 400M.
Another place to visit is Son Bhandar in Rajgir. These caves have an unusual feature that the chambers of the caves were polished. These caves bear a resemblance to an early Mauryan rock-cut sanctuary. Son Bhandar means the store of gold. As per traditional stories, there is a hidden treasure in the walls of the caves
Jarasandha Baithal is a big rectangular stone situated close to the Vaibhava Hill. Jarasandha was a famous king in Dvapara Yuga. He fought against the Pandavas in the Mahabharata and killed by Bhim. Jarasandha Baithal is a military outpost having cells which were used as encompassing the living quarters
Nalanda University is famous for science, arts, philosophy, and literature from ancient times. Many learners and travelers who wanted knowledge and wisdom were visited.
Stay in Gaya at night
stopover at Vishnupad temple, Mahabodhi temple and other places in Gaya
Gaya has ancient religious relevance. Gaya is the place where Gautam Buddha obtained enlightenment. Apart from this, Gaya is famous for:
Vishnupad Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The city “Gaya” gets its name after the demon “Gayasur” who had a boon that whosoever seen him get salvation i.e moksha. Due to this, besides his evil acts, people saw him and got salvation. But to keep humanity on the earth, Lord Vishnu appeared and put his right foot on Gayasur's head and sent to the netherworld. This footprint imprinted on the rock which is even seen today.
Mahabodhi Temple: This is the Buddhist temple where the Buddha obtained enlightenment. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the oldest brick temples in India. It is located in Bodh Gaya on the bank of Niranjana river
Gayi ji: Gaya is a ritual place and well-known for pind daan ceremony. The people perform the ritual called Pitrapaksh Tarpan that is a prayer offered for the dead. This prayer brings peace to the soul
Bodhi tree: Bodhi tree is a fig tree under which Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment. This tree is related to the path of enlightenment. Here, the prince Siddartha became the Buddha.
Thai Monastery: The Thai Monastery is the only Thai temple in India. The temple is appreciated for its architecture, for meditation and yoga that allure tourist around the world
Return back to home
You will return home from Gaya by rail
- Hotel accommodation
- Railway fare from Delhi- Deoghar & Gaya-Delhi
- Transfers by AC vehicles
- Place To Visit
- Gaya Ji ( P...
- Hotel accommodation
- Railway fare from Delhi- Deoghar & Gaya-Delhi
- Transfers by AC vehicles
- Place To Visit
- Gaya Ji ( Place of Pind dan)
- Vishnupad Temple
- Mahabodhi temple
- Bodhi Tree
- Thai monastery
- Vishva Shanti Satupa
- Griddhakuta Peak (the place where Jatayu lived)
- SonBhadra Caves
- Jarasandh Baithak
- Ancient Nal
- Ticket charges of any monuments or places which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- All extra charges which are not mentioned in Inclusions like
- Loader charges at Hotels & Airports
- Tips & Rewards
- Insurance, Laundry, Liquors, Wine, etc.
- Any charges in private nature
- Any unpredictable charges due to unforeseen circumstances like roadblocks, Landslides, etc.
- Any amount increase due to change in Government policies like the increase in fuel, taxes, etc.
- Any private charges like soft drinks, mineral water, phone calls, etc.
- Lunches except specified
- All kinds of things that not stated in the Package inclusions Price
- Peak Season or exclusive events charges will be applicable at the time of booking only
- Any optional or alternative tour cost.
- Travel Insurance as per requirements.
Terms and Conditions
- Routine Check-in time in the hotel is 1400/1500 and check-out time is 1000/1200. Check-in before time and check-out after time only possible if rooms are unoccupied.
- At the airport, 80 minutes is the maximum waiting time from the landing of the flight.
- If there is any inconvenience, be comfortable to call our customer care no. for any detail.
- Kindly take care of your goods during in-transit. Dhamtrip.com has not any type of responsibility regarding any type of loss, misfortune or robbery of cash, jewelry or any valuable abandoned in our vehicles.
- To confirm your booking, deposit 50% of total tour cost or Rs.20000/ per person (whichever is less) that is non-refundable.
- All the services are confirmed prior to checking of availability of the same.
- During the fair period, the additional surcharge has to be paid with the tour cost.
- In case of cancellation of the trip, kindly refer to the cancellation policy.
- Nowadays GST is applicable in India, any form of tax or surcharge levied by the Government of India should be paid by the traveler.
- The said proposal is valid for the mentioned dates/months, prices are subject to be changed without prior notice.
- All the transportation (Flights, train, buses, etc.) is regulated by the governing authorities of the respective countries. Any change in the policy of transportation like increase/decrease in fair, change in operation of transport, etc. should adhere. We are not responsible for this concern.
- Any extra tour expenses will be directly bear by the traveler.
Hotel Check-in & Check-out policy
- Kindly valid identity proof like passport, Driver’s License, PAN Card, etc. is in hand. It is needed at the time of Check-in.
- At the time of Check-in, the hardcopy of hotel vouchers are exhibited at the reception.
- Check-In time is 1400/1500 hours and the Check-Out time is 1000/1200 hours as per Indian Standard Time.
- Early check-in or late check-out is only possible if rooms are vacant.
- We require a photocopy of Pan Card at the time of booking.
- When the date of the trip is more than 20 days from the date of booking, we deposit 50% of the total tour cost or Rs. 20000/- (whichever is less) at the time of booking which is non-refundable.
- When the date of the trip is less than 7days, we deposit the full amount of tour cost which is non-refundable.
- If the tour is by air, it is needed to deposit the full amount, so we can purchase air tickets and air insurance.
- Make the full payment on the confirmation of all services. Kindly check the cancellation policy also.
Note: No amount is refunded by Airlines in case of cancellation of non-refundable air tickets.
Lord Shiva presents in the form of “Cosmic Light” or “Jyotirlingam.”. Kedarnath is the highest among 12 jyotirlingam.
You can make payment to us by using below given payment details:
Account Name : Dhamtrip com
A/c No.: 2111887396
IFS Code : KKBK0000186
Bank Name: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- 5% Indian GST is imposed on Total Bill Amount.
- The full amount of payment should be made by you at the time of affirmation of services and before the departure.
- 100% payment should be paid in advance for booking the services in cheque/NEFT.
- All the payments should be paid in INR at the rate of exchange prevalent at the time of payment.
Note: In case of tour cost paid in any other currency, Rate of Exchange (ROE) is considered as INR 1.00 extra on the total payment day from XE.com for the proposal. Any changes in ROE will lead to change in price. We consider ROE at the time of payment.
When you cancelled your trip, we are not in a position of refund your whole amount, but at our best, we refund the amount as per following terms:
- If you cancel the trip between 30-45 days from the date of booking, 50% amount of tour cost is refunded.
- If you cancel the trip in 30-20 days from the date of booking, 25% amount of tour cost is refunded.
- If you cancel the trip in 20 or fewer days from the date of booking, no amount of tour cost is refunded as we already make payments for the prior trip.
- Gaya Ji ( P...